PROOF OF WISCONSIN RESIDENCY FOR STATE ID CARD
- Employee photo identification card issued by your current employer, containing your employer's name and address. Your employer's telephone number may be required for verification.
- Pay check or stub or earning statement with your name and Wisconsin address, and your employer's name and address, issued within the last 90 days. Your employer's telephone number may be required for verification.
- A utility bill for water, gas, electricity or landline telephone service issued within the last 90 days. Cable or similar bundles of services that include landline telephone service is included in this category. Electronic copies are acceptable.
- Cell phone bills. Electronic copies are acceptable.
- An account statement from a Wisconsin bank/financial institution issued within the last 90 days. This includes savings, checking or money market accounts held in banks or credit unions. Electronic copies are acceptable.
- Certified school record or transcript that identifies you by name, shows your current address and is issued within the last 90 days for the most recent school period.
- Mortgage documents for a residential property located in Wisconsin.
- Community based/assisted living residential contracts.
- Your current valid homeowner, renter or motor vehicle insurance policy dated within one year of application.
- Government-issued correspondence or product issued within the last 90 days from a federal, state, county or city agency.
- Department of Corrections documentation: Letters from probation/parole agents on letterhead issued within the last 90 days.
- Your college enrollment documentation or Form 2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status with your current Wisconsin address.
- A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college that contains the following: date of issuance, signature of student, and an expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance. The university or college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves student’s current address (housing contract or lease).
- Valid Wisconsin hunting or fishing license.
Proof of Residence requirements for voter registration are different from requirements to get a state ID card. Click here for more information about Proof of Residence for voter registration.